Monday, September 13, 2010

Off to Dessie, Ethiopia September 18, 2010


The Comet is calling me to the road again, this time to Dessie, South Wollo, Ethiopia. Dessie is the home of Wollo University and I am getting the incredible opportunity to visit there, observe teaching, and hopefully help with the development of the school. The city is 400 miles north of the Addis Ababa, which is the capital. We land in Addis then travel by car to Dessie. I think this is going to be a very cool adventure, certainly to places I don't know anything about. I do know that Amharic is the official language, and that they are moving from winter into spring (the rainy season).

Wollo is one of 13 new universities built in Ethiopia since 1995 with the mission of addressing poverty through literacy. How cool is that.

Here we go again, following the comet. hahah

2 comments: